Monday 11 August 2014

The Snow Queen - TTPH DT


Hi... So glad you dropped by, as there is a new challenge over at TTPH today and due to a few girls being on holiday, I got the chance to do a card with the ladies on team A.... It also means I got the opportunity to work on the stunning Snow Queen by Rick St Dennis who is our sponsor this week...

I love to be challenged and try new ideas and this project certainly ticked all of these boxes... This was quite a different card for me as I used a lot of embellishment around the image...

I coloured her in Promarkes, and cut her out with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen and then nested her on Dark blue card which had been diecut with Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight. I matted the paper onto the same blue card. Then I die cut a flowering Christmas Tree die by Memory Box and some snow flakes in thick white textured card. I cut the tree up to get flowery branches and using a glue pen dabbed randomly on the diecuts.I then used white glitter (my son George calls it "The Devils Dust") as when I've used it it seems to invade the house getting onto everything, randomly making an appearance for weeks after, even though I try to be so careful... I arranged the glittery embellishments around the image and finished off with some liquid peals and a double bow...

The Snow Queen



Card Recipe

Promarkers - Powder Blue, Frozen lake, Blue Pearl
Flowering Christmas Tree - Memory Box
Snowflake Die - All Occasion Dies
Papers - Forever Friends Kraft Notes
Liquid Pearls - White Opal
White Glitter and Ribbon from stash


I have been inspired to enter the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas - Snowflakes
The Crafter's Cafe - Lots of Layers
Milk Coffee - 2 Or More Diecuts
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'Blog - Anything Goes
Completely Christmas - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - Texture


Please pop over to TTPH and see what the other lovely DT members have made....Have a lovely day and do drop by again soon.....





11 comments:

  1. WOW, so gorgeous! Saw your card at Crafter's Cafe and I needed a closer look! Your snow queen is just stunning and I love the intricate snowflake flourishes! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card.....its absolutely beautiful...............stunning amazing work.....

    fiona xx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously sassy

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Monday!!!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, I just had to drop by and tell you how much I love your card!!! It is stunning!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's....Thank you for sharing with us,
    we look forward to you joining in with the fun again next time...
    Hugs
    Suzy B ( Owner )
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas....Thank you for sharing with us,
    we look forward to you joining in with the fun again next time...
    Hugs
    Suzy B ( Owner )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fabulous Christmas card hun and thanks for linking up at Completely Christmas hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, you have created one absolutely gorgeous card. Beautifully colored image and great design.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card and beautiful image. Love those snowflakes too. That glitter does get everywhere doesn't it? My hubby has been known to get some funny looks at work when he's turned up with specks of glitter on his face, lol.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely and so wonderfully frosty! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, your card is lovely and so full of texture. Thanks so much for joining us in the Southern Girls Texture Challenge, do just make sure you pop a link to our challenge on your blog post to be eligible for the prize. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate them all.