Monday 1 September 2014

Button Love - Cute as a Button DT

Hi thanks for popping back.... For my second post today, I am delighted to share with you my first card as part of the very first Design Team for the "Cute As A Button Challenge Blog". All the DT's have been asked to use the same image on this first challenge and she is the gorgeous "Button Love". For me, I went a little over board with embellishments lol and had great fun....

I mounted the backing paper and the image onto Kraft Card and cut out a teardrop circle in contrasting pink paper which I mounted on to the backing paper before sticking the image on top.....I then diecut the flowers and the butterflies using contrasting buttons to finish....


For the inside, I used a strip of the paper I used for the flowers and used a butterfly embossing punch once. I mounted it on to a layer of Kraft Card and inserted it to the inside of the card...



Card Recipe

Promarkers
Hair - Walnut, Chesnut, Henna
Skin - Soft Peach, Oatmeal, Blush
Bow/Dungarees - Mint Green, Soft Green, Pastel Green
Heart/Flowers - Antique Pink, Sunkissed Pink
T-Shirt - Leaf Green, Meadow Green
Ground - Ice Grey 1,2,3,4,5

Papers - From Stash
Nestabilites - Scalloped Circles
Memory Box - Fancy Blossoms
Sizzix - Flower, Swirl, Butterfly

Please pop over and see the other DT makes.... You will need to use a Cute As A Button image to enter the challenge, there really are some lovely images to choose from, do take a look, I've put a link for you here. We will also be posting on our Cute As A Button Face-book page during the month, do come and join us..

I have been inspired to enter the following challenges:
Sister Act ~ Anything Goes (Weekly)
Crafts Galore Encore ~ Anything Goes (Monthly)
Crafty Calender Challenge ~ Anything Goes Monthly
Love Rubber Stamps ~ Two or more Paper Patterns (Weekly)
Tuesday Throwdown ~ Anything Goes (Weekly)
Cute Card Thursday ~ Anything Goes (Weekly)
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge ~ Weekly
That Craft Place Challenge ~ Summery Colours (Fortnightly)
My Mums Craft Shop ~ Punches and Dies

Much as I love the holidays, I'm secretly looking forward to the routine of being back to work and George being back at school, surely I'm not the only one?!?.... Am I?? ...yeah right...lol...

As always thank you so much for dropping by, I'm so very chuffed you did...







5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love those big butterflies too. Thanks so much for joining our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable image, Andrea. Love the color of green you used and your papers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sister Act this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 44 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation! Beautiful choice of colors and wonderful coloring! I love buttons on flowers!
    Thanks for playing at Craft Galore Encore Challenge "Make a Card" and good luck.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the kraft pink and green combo

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Monday!!!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate them all.